Welcome to the New Zealand Federation of Vocational and Support Services (VASS)
We are a federation of 70 community organisations that support disabled people by helping them identify and fulfil their personal goals and aspirations, find work and participate in their communities.
Our goal is to ensure disabled people are working, participating and fulfilling their aspirations in inclusive communities.
We provide the following services for our members to help them achieve this:
- Provide opportunities for peer support through meetings, seminars and a peer mentoring programme
- Provide members with a joint voice to Government and fund holders
- Provide members with information through our popular e-newsletter, as well as providing information about government policy, current research and issues
New on www.nzvass.org.nz
We are constantly updating our website, and every week there is something new to view. The following areas have been updated in late April/early May:
- In the Learning Centre we have a new section entitled Disability Sector Strategy and Policy. Here you can find documentation such as the 'Enabling Good Lives' report.
- There are new stories in the news and views section - 'Our People', 'Our Community' and 'Our Members'
- There are new photos in the photo gallery
2013 VASS Members' Forums - 'Partners in Progress'
Our 2013 Members Forums entitled 'Partners in Progress' got off to a great start in Wellington last month. Click here if you are interested in viewing the presentations given at our March forum. Our Forums will continue in June and August, when our three regional forums take place, for more information on locations and dates click here. The regional forums have a practical 'how to' focus and will be of interest to staff. If these forums are of interest to you and there is something specific you would like to learn or hear about while attending please email JLIB_HTML_CLOAKING
Please click here for an overview on our 'Partners in Progress' forums.
Introducing One Fish Solutions
At the VASS National Conference in Nelson late last year, we launched our new initative, One Fish Solutions.
One Fish Solutions is an unique organisational learning and development service designed by community organisations for community organisations.
One Fish Solutions can assist with processes such as strategic planning, stakeholder engagement, developing partnerships, change strategies, leadership and team development, and service design. It is a flexible process that is customised to the needs and circumstances of each organisation.
To find out more JLIB_HTML_CLOAKING or go to www.onefishsolutions.org.nz
Join Us On Facebook
The VASS facebook community continues to grow and we would love for you to join us on Facebook. Just click here and like our page to get the latest VASS and industry news. Our Facebook page also provides you with the opportunity to comment on or discuss any issues that you might like to share with your fellow VASS Facebook community.