Welcome to the New Zealand Federation of Vocational and Support Services (VASS)
We are a federation of 70 community organisations that support disabled people by helping them identify and fulfil their personal goals and aspirations, find work and participate in their communities.
Our goal is to ensure disabled people are working, participating and fulfilling their aspirations in inclusive communities.
We provide the following services for our members to help them achieve this:
- Provide opportunities for peer support through meetings, seminars and a peer mentoring programme
- Provide members with a joint voice to Government and fund holders
- Provide members with information through our popular e-newsletter, as well as providing information about government policy, current research and issues
Would you like to work for us?
VASS along with our fellow shared space partner Ara Taiohi have two part-time roles we are looking to fill.
These are: Office Adminstrator and Learning and Development Co-ordinator.
Both roles offer lots of variety along with flexible and family-friendly work options, so if you're on the lookout for a new challenge in your career and have the neccesary skills we would love to hear from you!
Click here to find out more about each role and how to apply.
Registrations now open for our March Forum
We are happy to announce that registrations for our first Forum of the year are now open.
Date: Wednesday 12 March
Times: 9.30am – 4.00pm
Venue: CQ Hotel, 213 Cuba St, Wellington
The programme for the day will include:
- An update from the Enabling Good Lives team
- Updates from MoH and MSD. (We have invited officials to discuss the changes to Day Services, among other things.)
- Live Survey – we are frequently asked to provide feedback and advice about issues affecting vocational services, so we are going to use the meeting to conduct a Live Survey!
To access a copy of the full programme please click here.
For more information and to register please click here.
We have reserved some accommodation for you at the Comfort and Quality Hotels and as the International Festival of the Arts will be on in Wellington that week we suggest you book soon. (If you want to take the opportunity to see a show while you’re in town go to www.festival.co.nz to check out the programme.)
Need a Capability Mentor? Visit onefishsolutions.org.nz
One Fish Solutions (which was launched by VASS last year) is now a Ministry of Social Development approved Capability Mentor. If you have received funding from the Capability Investment Resource we can assist you with your Capability Self-Assessment, developing a Capability Plan based on your assessment and implementation of your plan in the following areas:
- Strategic Governance
- Adaptive Leadership
- Operational Management
- Workforce Development
- Organisational Responsiveness
- People Living with Disability
To find out more go to www.onefishsolutions.org.nz